Lions and Tigers and Double Tracking -- Oh My!
When adding students (individuals) to multiple groups, the opportunity for “double tracking” increases if a coordinator is not aware of how to manage this process.
For example – If student Joey M. is added to a group, “First Grade” and then he is also added when creating another group, “Walkers on Wednesday” he may potentially have been added twice if a coordinator used “new individual” to add Joey to the second group – artificially inflating the number of participants at that school.
If you have already added an individual to a group, here is the best way to add that same individual to another group without creating a duplicate entry:
- Create “New Group”
- Scroll to bottom and expand “Groups” tab
- Locate new group and click on edit “pencil”
- Select from the existing individuals displayed and save.
Don’t fret if you believe you’ve created duplicate entries for the same individual multiple times – it can be fixed, but you will want to do it ASAP. We will begin spot checking schools in question at the close of the challenge. If an error is found it may affect your school standings and award eligibility.
To correct the error, you will need to:
- Scroll down to your group tab
- Expand groups and locate group to edit
- Select the “pencil” edit for the group
- Remove the names that are duplicated/exist in another group
Please feel free to write to us at email@example.com if you need assistance.